Admission to Master’s programmes
Here you will find information about the procedures that apply to admission to Master’s programmes – primarily useful to those of you who work as a programme coordinator or programme director for a Master’s programme
Admission to second-cycle programmes in English takes place through a separate round of admissions, with an application deadline of 15 January for the autumn semester and 15 August for the spring semester. Master’s programmes taught in Swedish may be part of the general round of admissions, with an application deadline of 15 April/15 October.
Calls for applications to programmes can only be issued once per semester. Under special circumstances, a supplemental round of admission may take place, subject to approval by the Education Board. Such requests must be received by joakim [dot] hall [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se by the first day for application for the international round of admissions.
Administration and assessment – who does what?
- The Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) assesses the applicant’s general eligibility and English.
- The department that coordinates the programme assesses the specific entry requirements, and evaluates the applicant’s qualifications, through the NyA web.
- The admissions office will send out instructions and a current timetable ahead of each round of admissions. Should a department change their contact person/programme administrator, it is important that you notify the admissions office.
Students with conditional offers at the start of the semester
Before the start of the semester, Master’s students with conditional offers must be processed to enable their registration in Ladok. The admissions office reviews and removes conditions on general entry requirements. The department removes conditions for specific entry requirements on the NyA web.
Documentation on completed degree
All students have been informed about sending in complete documentation on their completed degree, to their account on universityadmissions.se, as soon as they have received it. The students who studied at a Swedish higher education institution do not need to upload documents, as their qualifications are visible in NyA.
Send list to the admissions office
One to two weeks before the start of the semester, the admissions office needs lists from the department of the students considered able to start their studies; the list is only to include admitted students who:
- still need to meet the conditions regarding the general entry requirements and
- notify you that they are ready and have completed their applications with documents certifying that they have been awarded a degree, or documents proving that they meet the degree requirements and have applied for a degree certificate.
You do not need to include students who already have a degree of 180 credits registered in NyA.
It is a good idea to produce an updated list as the information in NyA can change from day to day.
Exemption from the requirement for a degree certificate
Students often struggle to obtain their formal degree certificates in time for the start of the semester. Students who can prove that they meet the degree requirements and have applied for a degree certificate can be exempted from the requirement for the time it takes for such a certificate to be issued. In that case, they will be able to register on the programme.
The Admissions Office
instlant [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se (internal e-mail)
cecilia [dot] raab [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
Sölvegatan 29 B, Lund
Map on hitta.se
Internal mailing code 13