Support in the research process
In the Research Professional database, you can search for calls for proposals in different fields and from funding bodies around the world.
See the lists below for more details of research funding bodies.
- A–Ö list of other Swedish and Nordic research funding bodies
- List of EU-funded research programmes and other international funding bodies
- List of funding bodies for postdoctoral fellowships and academic conferences
Agreements, legal issues, document registration and archiving
The Legal Division can provide help with different types of research contract. Information about document registration and archiving is available from the Registrar.
Writing an application
Some funding bodies require applications for research funding to be processed centrally by Research Services. This is the case for some Swedish funding bodies, American federal research funding bodies and most applications within the EU framework programmes.
- Swedish funding bodies with special requirements for central management
- American federal funding bodies
- EU framework programmes
- Contact Research Services (PDF 61 kB, new window)
The University Library’s support activities for scholarly communication cover various parts of the scholarly publishing process.
On the Lund University research ethics website, you will find information about ethical review, informed consent, managing personal data, biobank research, animal experiments and research misconduct.
Research impact beyond academia
Here is a guide to help you prepare for an impact evaluation. The guide will help you understand concepts such as the route to impact and impact case study.
- Impact beyond academia – a guide to help preparing for impact evaluations (PDF 1,13 MB, new window)
- Contact the Collaboration Office
Project costing and reporting
Help with project costing is available from your department or faculty finance officer, both for applications and final reporting.
Templates and guides for project costing can be found on the Finance Pages. Research Services can provide assistance with project costing and reporting for EU funding.
Sunet Survey – a survey tool
Sunet Survey is a survey tool used at Lund University for online surveys within quality assurance and research.
Contact a department or faculty communications officer for help writing a communication plan or disseminating your research findings.
- Contact a communications officer at your faculty (in Swedish)
- Contact a communications officer for other parts of the organisation (in Swedish)
- More information about communication and the graphic profile
Risk management can help you prioritise better and take informed decisions.
Innovation and commercialisation
The lawyers at LU Innovation can help you with patents and commercialisation matters.
If you are going to employ someone for your research project, an HR specialist at your department or faculty will be able to help you. There are specific rules on reporting hours for employment within EU projects. General information about appointing staff is available from Human Resources and on the HR pages.
Purchasing and procurement
Purchases are to be made by calling off/ordering from an existing agreement. If there is no agreement in place, you can carry out a tender.
The reporting requirements for research funding vary between funding bodies and types of project. The requirements are usually stated in the contract and/or on the funding body’s website.
For internal reporting, the Finance Division has produced a number of handbooks.