It is possible to create a connection between ORCID and LUCRIS to automatically update the ORCID profile with new publications that are registered in LUCRIS. On this page you will find information on why you should connect the systems and how to do it.
Reasons to connect ORCID and LUCRIS
ORCID is an international researcher ID used as an identifier by many funders and publishers. You as a researcher can use ORCID to ensure that your publications are credited to you and not someone else with a similar name. By having your ORCID ID on your profile in the Research Portal, you ensure that visitors such as external funders can ensure that you are you. The fact that you connect ORCID with LUCRIS also positively affects Lund University's position on international ranking lists.
A connection between ORCID and LUCRIS also means that every time you post a publication in LUCRIS, your ORCID profile is automatically updated. So you don't need to update two systems manually with future publications.
The connection between the systems you turn on yourself. It is voluntary but recommended.
Export from LUCRIS to ORCID
If you turn on the export from LUCRIS to ORCID, your ORCID profile will automatically be updated with:
- information about your affiliation to Lund University
- publications (metadata only, no full texts)
- other IDs that you added to LUCRIS (for example Scopus author id, ResearcherID)
- link to your personal page in the Research Portal
If your ORCID profile already contains publications
If you already have an ORCID profile with many publications, duplicates may be created when you turn on syncing from LUCRIS. Duplicates are created when records, in LUCRIS or in ORCID, lack persistent identifiers such as ISBN or DOI.
- If your LUCRIS profile is more complete than your ORCID profile:
Delete the records you have in your ORCID profile, then start the export from LUCRIS to ORCID.
- If your ORCID profile is more complete than your LUCRIS profile:
You will need to remove the records that are created as duplicates. You can also choose not to turn on syncing from LUCRIS.
This is how you connect OCRID and LUCRIS
You connect ORCID to LUCRIS through Lucat. Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Connect ORCID to Lucat
The connection between ORCID and LUCAT is made through a web service at LU called "Passport".
- Log in to "Passport" with your LUCAT ID, at https://passport.lu.se
- Scroll down and click on the box "I am user".
- Choose ”Tie ORCID with LU-account”.
- You will now come to a page with information about LU's membership in the ORCID consortium, at the bottom of the page you click on the button "Link ORCID to your LU account".
- You will come to the login for ORCID. Log in If you have an ORCID, otherwise click "Register now" above the login, and follow the steps to register a new ORCID.
- The connection to your LU identity is created when you approve it in this step and click "Authorize".
- You will now see a box confirming that the connection has been created.
- It takes one night for LUCAT to sync over your ORCID to LUCRIS. Then choose whether you want to switch on the synchronization between LUCRIS and ORCID. If you do not want to make that connection, your profile in LUCRIS has at least been enriched with your ORCID.
LUCAT needs over night to update LUCRIS, then your ORCID is visible in your LUCRIS profile and on your personal page in the Research Portal.
Step 2: Connect LUCRIS to ORCID If you want to enable automatic updates between LUCRIS and ORCID
- Log in to LUCRIS and go to your profile, where you can now see your ORCID number. There is a link under your ID: "Authorize export of content to ORCID".
- When you click on the link, you will get information about what the connection between LUCRIS and ORCID means, click Proceed to continue with the process.
- In the next step, you must once again confirm the connection between your LU identity and ORCID by clicking "Authorize".
- A confirmation will now appear in your profile in LUCRIS, click Save at the bottom of your profile.
- The connection is created and within a while the information from LUCRIS has been retrieved and is visible in your ORCID profile. Log in to your ORCID profile to see what it looks like.
If duplicates have been created in ORCID
Delete the publications that is registered or imported directly to ORCID, not the ones that has "Source: Lund University" because these are synced in from LUCRIS and will reappear with the next sync.
Delete by selecting the publication or publications you want to delete and click on the small dustbin in the right corner.
Remove the connection to ORCID
If you no longer want the connection between LUCRIS and ORCID, and perhaps also remove your ORCID from LUCAT, contact the LUCRIS support: servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se