Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here

Terms of employment

As an employee you have both rights and obligations, as well as certain benefits.

In case of emergency

Find out how to raise the alarm or report an incident such as an accident or occupational injury. You will also find information on what to do in case of threats and risk of violence, or if unauthorised people enter the workplace. In addition, there is information on evacuation, first aid training and crisis management support.

Read more about what to do if something happens

Working for a public authority

Working for a public authority means working in the service of citizens. For example, you must be aware of the rules governing conflict of interest and secondary employment. You are also entitled to certain benefits.

Read more about being a public sector employee

Staff appraisals

Staff appraisals are to be held with all employees. Appraisals are based on the needs of the organisation as well as on your individual goals.

Read more about how to prepare for the staff appraisal as an employee

Insurance for employees at Lund University

As an employee of Lund University, you are covered by occupational injury insurance on the way to and from your workplace as well as during working hours. You are also covered by a group life insurance policy. In addition, you are insured when travelling on university business or when stationed abroad for your work.

Read more about insurance for employees at Lund University

Secondary employment

In principle, secondary employment is any occupation in which you engage temporarily or permanently alongside your employment.

Read more about secondary employment


Are you about to retire or are you curious about how pensions work? 

Read more about pensions


There is a lot to consider when you decide to resign from your job. For example, you must submit your resignation in Primula, and the notice period can vary. You must continue to fulfil your work duties as usual during the notice period.

Read more about resignation

Employee organisations

Do you want to contact your employee organisation or get involved as a representative? Here you can find contact details for the three organisations with which the Swedish Agency for Government Employers has signed collective agreements.

Read more about employee organisations

Page Manager:


Please contact your line manager or the human resources officer within your department/faculty or equivalent.


Telephone: +46 (0)46-222 00 00 (switchboard)
Mailing adress: Box 117, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Invoice adress: Box 188, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Organisation number: 202100-3211

Site manager: staffpages [at] lu [dot] se

About this website