Your browser has javascript turned off or blocked. This will lead to some parts of our website to not work properly or at all. Turn on javascript for best performance.

The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Here you can read more about how to handle payments when travelling. It is recommended that you apply for a charge card with personal payment liability in lieu of travel advances.

Private cards

If you have work-related expenses as an employee, you can apply for a Eurocard (charge card) with personal payment liability.

Eurocard’s private card: 

  • Accepted everywhere where MasterCard is accepted.
  • SEK 0 in card charging fees and SEK 0 in annual fees.
  • Personal use also permitted. 
  • Provides possibilities for cash withdrawals. 
  • MasterCard Identity Check included for safe online purchases.
  • Via "My Eurocard" online and the app "Eurocard" you can see your expenses, both invoiced and not yet invoiced. You can also choose to keep your card open or closed for Internet purchases, check your PIN-code etc.
  • The invoice is sent to the card holder (private individual) and reimbursements for business expenses are accounted for in the expense report system. To avoid invoicing fees (paid by the University) we prefer that you register for electronic invoicing with your bank, or that you pay via direct debit.
  • Purchases made during the calendar month are invoiced the following month. The invoice must be paid within 30 days.
  • Reimbursement of expenses is made twice a month, one of which is carried out in connection with the payment of salaries.

The head of department/equivalent determines who should have access to a private card.

Application Eurocard private card

The head of department fills in the Finance Division’s support form, selecting the category "Payments and disbursements – charge card" and states your name in the comment field. You receive a link containing instructions to apply for the card. Within one week, you will have your personal Eurocard.

Instructions for using a private card (PDF 225 kB, in Swedish, new tab)

Finance Division’s support form

Eurocard customer service
Telephone: +46 8 14 67 37
Eurocard’s customer service webpage

Purchase account/Virtual card

In cases where there is a need to make online purchases, departments/equivalent may apply for a purchase account. Note that the purchasing account and virtual card are not intended for general transactions but rather for exceptional cases in which invoices are not an option.

Eurocard purchasing account:

  • A business account that can be used for making online purchases that cannot be paid for by any other means, for example, through invoice.
  • The account is not a physical card and can only be used for making online purchases.
  • All purchases are presented on one invoice that is sent electronically to Lund University.
  • MasterCard Identity Check is included for safe online purchasing. 
  • The account information is personal and must not be revealed to anyone except the person applying for the purchasing account.

The head of department/equivalent determines if there is a need for a purchasing account. An explanation, signed by the head of department/equivalent, stating the intentions for the card must be included with the application.

The application request for a purchasing account-form is submitted via the Finance Division’s support form. Select the category "Payments and disbursements – charge card". The application-form is then sent to the Finance Division, internal mailing code 31, or via post box 117, 221 00 Lund.

Finance Division’s support form

Virtual card

A virtual card may be issued in emergencies where the department has not considered it necessary to obtain a purchasing account. The card can be issued for a single or a few transactions, for a limited sum and is only valid for a limited period of time. Apply for a virtual card via the Finance Division’s support form. Select the category "Payments and disbursements – charge card".

Finance Division’s support form

Travel advances

The handling of travel advances is a time-consuming and complicated process. In order to decrease the number of travel advances and reduce processing times, it is recommended that you apply for a charge card with personal payment liability, known as a private card – see above.

You apply for travel expense advances through SSC Primula.

Contact charge card Finance new

Private cards

Please contact Finance via support form

Questions about travel advances

Primula support:

Call: ext. 29 000, press 3 or go to: SSC Client Portal – Log in