If you have work-related expenses as an employee, you can apply for a Eurocard (charge card) with personal payment liability.
Eurocard’s private card:
- Accepted everywhere.
- SEK 0 in card charging fees and SEK 0 in annual fees.
- Personal use also permitted.
- Provides possibilities for cash withdrawals.
- As of 1 January 2018, preferential insurance is not included.
- Secure code included for online purchases.
- Via "My Eurocard" online and the app "Eurocard Service" you can see your expenses, both invoiced and not yet invoiced.
- The invoice is sent to the card holder (private individual) and reimbursements for business expenses are accounted for in the expense report system. To avoid invoicing fees (paid by the University) we prefer that you register for electronic invoicing with your bank, or that you pay via direct debit.
- Purchases made during the calendar month are invoiced the following month. The invoice must be paid within 30 days.
- Reimbursement of expenses is made twice a month, one of which is carried out in connection with the payment of salaries.
The head of department/equivalent determines who should have access to a private card.
Application Eurocard private card
The head of department fills in the Finance Division’s support form, selecting the category "Payments and disbursements – charge card" and states your name in the comment field. You receive a link containing instructions to apply for the card. Within one week, you will have your personal Eurocard.
Eurocard customer service
Telephone: +46 8 14 67 37
Eurocard’s customer service webpage (in Swedish)
Purchase account/Virtual card
In cases where there is a need to make online purchases, departments/equivalent may apply for a purchase account.
Eurocard purchasing account:
- A business account that can be used for making online purchases that cannot be paid for by any other means, for example, through invoice.
- The account is not a physical card and can only be used for making online purchases.
- All purchases are presented on one invoice that is sent electronically to Lund University.
- Secure code is included for online purchasing.
The account information is personal and must not be revealed to anyone except the person applying for the purchasing account.
The head of department/equivalent determines if there is a need for a purchasing account. An explanation, signed by the head of department/equivalent, stating the intentions for the card must be included with the application.
The application request for a purchasing account is submitted via the Finance Division’s support form. Select the category "Payments and disbursements – charge card". The application is then sent to the Finance Division, internal mailing code 31, or via post box 117, 221 00 Lund.
A virtual card may be issued in emergencies where the department has not considered it necessary to obtain a purchasing account. The card can be issued for a single or a few transactions, for a limited sum and is only valid for a limited period of time. Apply for a virtual card via the Finance Division’s support form. Select the category "Payments and disbursements – charge card".
Note that the purchasing account and virtual card are not intended for general transactions but rather for exceptional cases in which invoices are not an option.
The handling of travel advances is a time-consuming and complicated process. In order to decrease the number of travel advances and reduce processing times, it is recommended that you apply for a charge card with personal payment liability, known as a private card – see above.
You apply for travel expense advances through SSC Primula.