Ann Kristin Wallengren, pro vice-chancellor
Ann Kristin Wallengren is the pro vice-chancellor for education and culture.
Ann Kristin Wallengren is professor of film studies at the Centre for Languages and Literature and was pro dean at the Faculties of Humanities and Theology with responsibility for first and second cycle studies between 2018 and 2020. She has previously worked as the director of studies and assistant head of department for several years. Ann Kristin Wallengren has taught and supervised film studies since the early 1990s, mainly within film aesthetics, film analysis and theory, early film history and world cinema.
Ann Kristin Wallengren’s research focuses on film music, and in recent years she has used experimental methods to investigate the significance of music for film narrative and our experience and understanding of moving pictures. Her research has also addressed Swedish films and issues regarding national and cultural identity, films and emigration to the USA, Swedish-American cinematic relations, as well as celebrities and film stars; in particular, Swedish female celebrities in the film and TV industry in the USA and in Europe. In the autumn of 2014, Ann Kristin Wallengren was a visiting lecturer at the University of Washington in Seattle where she taught a course in film and migration. She has also been a visiting lecturer at the University of Southampton in the UK.
Areas of responsibility:
- Educational issues with responsibility for educational development and teaching matters.
- LUKOM (Historical Museum, Museum of Artistic Process and Public Art, Odeum and the Botanical Garden).
- University Specialised Centres (The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics and the Pufendorf Institute for Advanced Studies)
On Ann Kristin Wallengren’s agenda:
Pro Vice-Chancellor Ann Kristin Wallengren
Email: ann_kristin [dot] wallengren [at] rektor [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 (0)46 222 84 76
Pro Vice-Chancellors' secretary Gerd Hawaleska
gerd [dot] hawaleska [at] rektor [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 (0)46 222 38 95
- Lund University’s Cultural and Public Centres (LUKOM)
- University Specialised Centres, (USV): IIIEE and the Pufendorf Institute for Advanced Studies
- Steering group for Cultural Collaboration
- Steering group for Future Week
- Steering group for the Digital Learning Environments programme
- The University-wide Higher Education Development Council
- Steering group for the Teacher Education programmes
- LERU-Pro vice-chancellor’s Learning & Teaching
- LERU-Policy group for Learning & Teaching
- LERU-Policy group for Digital Education
- Cultural Council(co-opted member)