Career development for academic staff
Lund University offers a broad range of activities that contribute in one way or another to career development for academic staff, either within academia or outside it.
Content on this page:
In order to attract, retain and develop employees, Lund University has highlighted a series of career opportunities for academic staff. The career development activities are offered in English and the vast majority are free of charge, both for individuals and departments. Some activities are suitable for doctoral students, some for postdocs and others for research team leaders.
Descriptions of the content of the individual activities are available in Kompetensportalen or on dedicated web pages.
Several faculties run their own activities that could be relevant to your career. You will find links to these activities in the right-hand columns of the sub-pages.
- Finish on Time Workshop for PhD students: Academic productivity and stress management – the road to effectiveness (lu.se)
- Target group: PhD students
- 20 September and 7 November 2023
- Finish on Time Workshop for Postdocs: Academic productivity and stress management – the road to effectiveness (lu.se)
- Target group: Postdocs
- 22 September 2023
- Take Charge of your Career - online workshop on career planning (lu.se)
- Target groups: Early stage researchers including doctoral students
- 5 and 6 Oktober 2023 (webinar)
- How to manage your time as a (senior) researcher (lu.se)
- Target groups: Postdoctoral and more senior researchers
- 26 Oktober 2023 (webinar)
- Academic writing - From Perfectionism and Procrastination to Flow (lu.se)
- Target groups: Doctoral students as well as researchers and senior lecturers
- 9 November 2023
Where to register
Choose category Academic career.
There is a guide which compiles funding opportunities oriented towards basic research available in different career stages with an indicative list of expected merits and skills.
Good, clear career paths are contingent upon there being a need within the organisation and funding in the relevant organisation.
If you cannot find what you are looking for on this webpage, you can ask the HR Division a question via the case management system, which is reached via the page Find the right HR information and support on the HR website.
Contact your line manager or the HR officer at your organisational unit if you have any questions concerning employment or your organisational unit’s procedures for HR/staff matters.