Hate, threats and risk of violence and vulnerability
If you as an employee at the University are being subjected to threats or harassment, it is important that you inform your line manager.
In case of ongoing threats or violence
- Try to mitigate the threat by acting calm. Keep a safe distance. In case of violence try to escape.
- If possible, try to alert others to the situation, seek help from fellow employees or other people nearby.
- In case of an emergency: call the police at 112. You will be asked to describe the incident and assess whether for exemple emergency medical care is needed. Also call the University security control centre on +46 46 222 07 00 to inform the University´s security service of the incident.
- When you feel unsafe, call the University security control centre on +46 46 222 07 00.
- Only intervene if you can do so without risk to your own safety.
- Contact your line manager immediately. Report what happened and if help was summoned.
- Document observations. Immediately write down what you have seen, try to describe the person who threatened or was violent: number of persons, gender and age, length, skin colour, hair colour, hair length, demeanour, accent, colour of clothing, shoes, trousers/skirt, coat, sweater, other characteristics, escape route, vehicle. Other observations e.g. what was said, the nature of the threat.
Threats via email or social media
If you are being threatened via email or social media, for example, do the following:
- Save the email, links, websites or take a screenshot of the page where the message appears
- Make a note of the date and time you received/discovered the message
- Inform your line manager
- Report the incident
Call the University security control centre on 20 700 for assistance
If a situation has occurred that makes you feel unsafe, you can get direct help and support from the University security officer. Ring the University’s emergency number on +46 46 222 07 00. The phone number is on the back of all recently issued LU access cards and by the entrances to all University buildings.
Reporting an incident
Fill in an incident report. Log in with your Lucat ID.
When you report an incident, you will receive help to ensure that all necessary reports and contacts are made.
Advice for difficult student issues
The Student Health Centre offers guidance on how to handle various situations involving students in need of help.
If you require crisis support
You can receive support if something has happened to you.
In case of emergency, always call 112!
If you are calling via your office landline, dial 0-112.
University security control centre
+46 46 222 07 00
Chief security officer
+46 46 222 33 33
per [dot] norden [at] bygg [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 32 35
ann-charlotte [dot] dahlberg [at] bygg [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 06 94
eric [dot] magnusson [at] bygg [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 75 53
helena [dot] ilic [at] bygg [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 32 46
hakan [dot] jonsson [at] bygg [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 69 29
robert [dot] collin [at] bygg [dot] lu [dot] se