Connect LUCRIS to ORCID and get an automatically updated ORCID profile
It is possible to create a link between an ORCID ID and LUCRIS, to automatically update the ORCID profile with new publications that are registered.
ORCID is an international researcher ID, used as an identification by many publisher and funders. For you, as researcher, it is an easy way to make sure that your outcome is attributed to you and not anyone else’s with the same or similar name.
It is possible to create a link so that every time a publication is added to LUCRIS, the ORCID profile is updated automatically. if you already have an id you can use it, otherwise there is a step in this process where you can create one. It is also possible to obtain one directly on ORCID's website.
Why should I connect LUCAT - LUCRIS - ORCID?
A connection between the systems enables your ORCID profile to be updated automatically when new publications are registered in LUCRIS.
From LUCAT, the ID is imported into your LUCRIS profile and then becomes visible on your personal page in the research portal. You can then choose to export publications to your ORCID account. This means that you do not have to manually update your ORCID profile as new publications registered in LUCRIS are automatically sent to ORCID.
Using the connection between the systems is optional, and you turn it on yourself.
What does the connection between LUCRIS and ORCID mean?
If you add the sync/export from LUCRIS to ORCID, your ORCID profile will be automatically updated with:
- information about your affiliation at Lund University
- publications (only metadata, no full-texts)
- other id:s saved in LUCRIS (eg. Scopus author ID, ResearcherID)
- link to your profile page at LU research portal.
If your ORCID profile already contains publications
If you already have updated your ORCID profile with publications, the sync with LUCRIS may create a lot of duplicates in ORCID. The duplicates are created when the records in ORCID or LUCRIS lacks information about ISBN or DOI number. Recent publications tend to have this information so the problem with duplicates is mainly related to older material.
- If your LUCRIS profile is more complete than your ORCID profile:
delete all publications in your ORCID profile and then switch on the sync from LUCRIS.
- If your ORCID profile is more complete than your LUCRIS profile:
be prepared to remove the duplicate records in ORCID. This is easiest if you first sort them on “Title” in ORCID. You can also refrain from activating the export.
How do I make the connection between the systems?
Follow the steps below:
The connection between ORCID and LUCAT is made through a web service at LU called "Passport".
- Log in to "Passport" with your LUCAT ID, at https://passport.lu.se
- Scroll down and click on the box "I am user".
- Choose ”Tie ORCID with LU-account”.
- You will now come to a page with information about LU's membership in the ORCID consortium, at the bottom of the page you click on the button "Link ORCID to your LU account".
- You will come to the login for ORCID. Log in If you have an ORCID, otherwise click "Register now" above the login, and follow the steps to register a new ORCID.
- The connection to your LU identity is created when you approve it in this step and click "Authorize".
- You will now see a box confirming that the connection has been created.
- It takes one night for LUCAT to sync over your ORCID to LUCRIS. Then choose whether you want to switch on the synchronization between LUCRIS and ORCID. If you do not want to make that connection, your profile in LUCRIS has at least been enriched with your ORCID.
LUCAT needs over night to update LUCRIS, then your ORCID is visible in your LUCRIS profile and on your personal page in the Research Portal.
If you want to enable automatic updates between LUCRIS and ORCID
- Log in to LUCRIS and go to your profile, where you can now see your ORCID number. There is a link under your ID: "Authorize export of content to ORCID".
- When you click on the link, you will get information about what the connection between LUCRIS and ORCID means, click Proceed to continue with the process.
- In the next step, you must once again confirm the connection between your LU identity and ORCID by clicking "Authorize".
- A confirmation will now appear in your profile in LUCRIS, click Save at the bottom of your profile.
- The connection is created and within a while the information from LUCRIS has been retrieved and is visible in your ORCID profile. Log in to your ORCID profile to see what it looks like.
If duplicates have been created in ORCID
Delete the publications that is registered or imported directly to ORCID, not the ones that has "Source: Lund University" because these are synced in from LUCRIS and will reappear with the next sync.
Delete by selecting the publication or publications you want to delete and click on the small dustbin in the right corner.
Remove the connection to ORCID
If you no longer want the connection between LUCRIS and ORCID, and perhaps also remove your ORCID from LUCAT, contact the LUCRIS support: servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se