Swedish funding bodies with special requirements for central management
The Swedish funding bodies which have special requirements for central management of applications and accounting are administered by Research Services.
The Marianne and Marcus Wallenberg Foundation (MMW) and the Marcus and Amalia Wallenberg Foundation (MAW)
Read more about the foundations on their respective websites:
- Read more about the Marianne and Marcus Wallenberg Foundation
- Read more about the Marcus and Amalia Wallenberg Foundation
MAW Program for art history and archeology
Next call expected spring 2021.
The application deadline is 1 April every year.
The Marianne and Marcus Wallenberg Foundation (MMW) finances:
- Research projects with high research potential
- Individual support to outstanding researchers
- The Foundation’s scholarship programme
The Foundations’s profile areas of clinical medicine, law, economics and social sciences.
The Marcus and Amalia Wallenberg Foundation (MAW) finances:
- Grants for research projects with high research potential, researcher-initiated projects of the highest international standard focusing on a single research issue
- The Foundation’s programme within learning and investment in activities relating to children; the Foundation announces funds for project grants
The Foundation preferably supports projects within the fields of the humanities and learning.
- Management rules 2021 (269 kB, new window)
The Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation
The Foundation supports long-term, free basic research beneficial to Sweden, mainly in medicine, technology, and the natural sciences.
Please note! The call for 2021 is cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Grants for research projects with high research potential, usually of a basic research nature and focused on a single research issue. Projects within new research fields, above all of a boundary-crossing nature, are prioritised. The project should preferably be within science, engineering and medicine.
Read more on the foundation website:
Wallenberg Academy Fellows
The programme is financed by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation and open to researchers in all academic disciplines: medicine, engineering, natural sciences, social sciences and humanities/religious studies, and the interfaces between them.
The aim of the programme is to support basic research at the highest level. The target group is early- career researchers with the potential to develop into the outstanding researchers and research leaders of the future.
Last day to nominate: 15 February 2021.
- Lund University Management Rules (629 kB, new window)
- Appendix 1 2019 invitation and assessment criteria (289 kB, new window)
- Appendix 3 Template checklist (14 kB, Word document)
- Appendix 4 Template CV (22 kB, Word document)
- Appendix 5 Template for co-financing (76 kB, Word document)
Program for mathematics
The Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, in cooperation with the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, supports prominent researchers in Mathematics.
Please contact Research Services in good time to receive help with e.g. the Vice-chancellor’s letter of support.
Read more about the program on the KAW website:
Wallenberg Clinical Scholars
Please contact Birgitta Larsson, birgitta [dot] larsson [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se, at the Faculty of Medicine.
The programme is open to researchers in all academic disciplines. However, the foundation will primarily select researchers in the prioritised fields of science, engineering and medicine. The next call opens 2023.
Research funding advisor
+46 46 222 03 05
sara [dot] naurin [at] fs [dot] lu [dot] se
Research funding advisor
+46 (0) 730 683 698
johanna [dot] mellgren [at] fs [dot] lu [dot] se