Erasmus+ staff training
Develop your professional role in Europe
The Erasmus+ programme supports the professional development of HEI teaching and non-teaching staff as well as the development of involved institutions. All employees at Lund University can apply for Erasmus+ funding for staff training in Europe.
Erasmus+ Staff Training may take the form of training events abroad (excluding conferences) and job shadowing/observation periods/training/Staff Weeks at a partner HEI, or at another relevant organisation or company in Europe.
Deadline for applications: 31 May
If you plan to apply for Erasmus + funding for staff training during the summer of 2022, you must submit your application by 31 May for funding to be granted before the holiday period.
New application database!
A new application database has just opened.Those who have an ongoing application in the old application database can contact ErasmusStaff [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se for further instructions.
The budget of the EU/UHR can vary from year to year. Precedence is given to applicants who have not previously been granted funds for staff training. Individual applicants and applications with a maximum of two participants are given precedence over group applications.
The stay must be for a minimum of 2 working days. The maximum period granted is normally 1–2 weeks.
Applications are handled throughout the year. If you have questions, please contact ErasmusStaff [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se
Please note that the Erasmus+ scholarship must be applied for and granted before departure, i.e., it cannot be applied for retroactively.
In addition to information about yourself and the host institution, an application must provide answers to the following:
- Overall objectives of the mobility
- Training activity to develop pedagogical and/or curriculum design skills – yes/no
- Added value of the mobility (in the context of the modernisation and internationalisation strategies of the institutions involved)
- Activities to be carried out
- Expected outcomes and impact (e g on the professional development of the staff member and on both institutions)
The application is made in several steps:
- Log in to https://www.scholarship.se/erasmus/ (if for the first time, you are asked to register and create an account)
- Under Make a new application – select the Staff Training (STT) application form
- Fill in your details and create an application
- Your application now ends up under Active applications – you can always go back and change your application if necessary
- Under Required actions, you will find further instructions:
- Mobility Agreement – is generated when you have filled in your application – download, sign and upload
- Grant Agreement – proof that you have been granted Erasmus+ funding when it has been signed by the Erasmus+ Coordinator
- Certificate of Attendance – print out your CoA and take it with you to the host institution for signature
- Green Mobility to destination – upload tickets
- Green Mobility to Sweden – upload tickets
- Confirmation of Travel
When all the steps have been completed and the information is complete, the granted funds will be transferred to your department.
The Erasmus grant is not to be used to cover course or conference fees.
Funding comprises an amount based on the duration of the stay (daily subsistence allowance) and a travel allowance based on the distance between the home university and the receiving institution according to the EU Commission’s distance calculation. You can also receive compensation for travelling days to and from the destination.
The two parts form together the grant that will be transferred to the department upon return from the mobility. The grant from the Erasmus programme is not intended to cover all the costs for the trip. It is important that you come to an agreement with your division manager/head of department about how you will cover the costs of the exchange that may exceed the scholarship amount. In the case not all funding is used, it will be kept by the department.
One part of the grant is based on the distance between Lund and the city of the destination. The sums below cover both ways, but they are based on the single way. To calculate the distance, the Distance calculator of the European Union should be used.
The daily amount is a grant to cover costs for hotel, allowance, etc. It is based on the number of days (full time) that the staff training takes place.
See the amounts in the tables at the bottom of this page.
The funds are paid to your division/department after the final documentation is received. Payments are made according to the currency exchange rate that applied when the funds were received by Lund University. To receive payment for your trip, you submit a travel expense report in Primula.
- During your stay abroad you will be insured through Kammarkollegiet. Contact your department for more information.
Read the terms of agreement at Kammarkollegiet’s website
- Bring the Försäkringskassan (Swedish national insurance agency) European health insurance card for a discount on possible health care costs.
Order the European health insurance card at Försäkringskassan’s website
- Bring information material on Lund University
Link to Corporate Communications
- Bring gifts for the host institution.
Find gifts at Lund University's "Universitetsbutiken"
- Contact the international office at your faculty and find out if there are any exchange students from Lund University at the host university who you should meet, or if there is something you should know about regarding the relations and collaboration between the universities.
Here you will find contact information for the faculties' international offices
Contribution towards travel
Travel distance - Travel from Lund University to the city of the hosting institution (one way)
|Grant per person for a return trip||Green Travel|
|10 and 99 km||23 EUR||Not available|
|100 and 499 km||180 EUR||210 EUR|
|500 and 1999 km||275 EUR||320 EUR|
|2000 and 2999 km||360 EUR||410 EUR|
|3000 and 3999 km||530 EUR||610 EUR|
|4000 and 7999 km||820 EUR||Not available|
|8000 or more||1500 EUR||Not available|
Daily amount per country
|Amount per day during the first 14 days||Amount per day from day 15 to day 60|
|Denmark, Finland,Iceland, Ireland, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway||180 EUR||126 EUR|
|Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain||160 EUR||112 EUR|
|Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, the Republic of North Macedonia, Türkiye, Serbia||140 EUR||98 EUR|
ErasmusStaff [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se