External reference group Africa
An external reference group has been formed to advice and make recommendations for implementing the LU's strategy for cooperation with Africa. The group meets about once per semester. The group includes the following members:
- Professor Ernest Aryeetey, Secretary-General of African Research Universities Alliance and previous Vice-Chancellor at the University of Ghana,
- Ambassador Anna Brandt, Sweden’s ambassador to Ireland and previous ambassador to Kenya and Head of Africa Department at Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ms Marika Griehsel, journalist with long-standing experience from Africa.
- Professor Göran Hydén, University of Florida.
Africa Strategy Group
Lund University has an Africa Strategy Group with the task of promoting cooperation with Africa and supporting the implementation of the strategy. The group convenes approximately once a month. The group has the following members:
- Magnus Jirström, professor and chair
- Anette Agardh, professor
- Björn Bergenståhl, professor
- Lennart Olsson, professor
- Pär Svensson, regional coordinator
Collaborations and networks
Southern African–Nordic Centre – SANORD
SANORD is a membership organisation consisting of universities in the Nordic region and southern Africa. The aim of the network is to facilitate, expand and strengthen collaborations and contacts between higher education institutions in southern Africa and the Nordic region. The network was formed in 2007 and consists of partner universities in the following countries:
- South Africa
SANORD is coordinated by a secretariat at the University of the Western Cape, South Africa.
SANORD has six Swedish member universities: Uppsala University, Lund University, Malmö University, Gothenburg University, Karlstad University, Högskolan Väst, Linköping University, and the Nordic Africa Institute.
For more information, visit SANORD’s website
Student exchange agreements
University-wide bilateral student exchange agreements have been established with: