Action Plan for Asia
An Action plan for Lund University's cooperation with Asia was decided by the Vice-Chancellor in spring 2019. Implementation has begun and calls for central funds will be made later in 2020.
Nordic Centre in India
The Nordic Centre in India (NCI) is a consortium of Nordic universities, aiming to promote research and education collaboration between the Nordic countries and India. The NCI is administered by a Nordic secretariat, currently at Aarhus University, and has a liaison office/manager’s residence in New Delhi. The NCI offers support to researchers, teachers, students and visiting Nordic groups by:
- Organising meetings, lectures, seminars and conferences
- Applying for research visas
- Establishing contacts with Indian universities and authorities
- Offering accommodation free of charge for researchers and other NCI member university staff at the NCI residence in New Delhi
- Finding appropriate host organisations in India for students conducting Minor Field Studies
The NCI also offers summer and semester courses and internships for students at NCI partner universities in India. For more information and to apply, see under Contact.
MIRAI is a collaboration between Swedish and Japanese universities. The project aims to strengthen academic cooperation between Sweden and Japan through research seminars, short PhD courses and joint activities on innovation processes.
Nordic Centre at Fudan University in Shanghai
A collaboration between 27 Nordic universities, aimed to increase understanding and create a closer bond between the Nordic countries and China through collaborative research projects and education. The following main activities are conducted at the Nordic Centre:
- Teaching for Chinese students about the Nordic countries
- Teaching for Nordic students about China
- Collaboration with Nordic businesses in Shanghai and China supported by the Nordic embassies and consulates.
David C. Lam Institute for East-West Studies in Hong Kong – LEWI
LEWI is an international research institute located in Hong Kong, with members from and operations in several continents. Lund University has its own office in Hong Kong which primarily is available to our researchers and teaching staff. LEWI offers a Resident Graduate Scholarship Programme.
SASNET – Swedish South Asian Studies Network
SASNET is a Swedish network, based out of Lund University, for research and education in South Asia. The network encourages boundary-crossing and cross-faculty collaboration between higher education institutions in the Nordic countries and South Asia.