EUGLOH – European University Alliance for Global Health
A part of European Universities
European Universities is a programme initiated and predominantly funded by the EU that is to strengthen the strategic partnerships between universities.
EUGLOH – European University Alliance for Global Health is a part of the programme in which Lund University together with the Université Paris-Saclay – coordinator (France), University of Szeged (Hungary), University of Porto (Portugal) and LMU – Ludwig-Maximilian Universität of Munich (Germany) is collaborating on a three-year pilot project.
LU is arranging EUGLOH Staff Week 9-12 May
Staff at LU are welcome to participate together with colleagues from the EUGLOH Alliance universities and take part in interesting seminars and group discussions, job shadowing, visits to world-class facilities, social activities and networking with EUGLOH colleagues.
This Staff Week is part of a three-part programme that began in February 2022 with a webinar and parallel workshops on five themes. In May, there will be an opportunity to explore these themes further, but new participants and other topics will also be given space. Therefore, all staff are welcome to register their interest in exchanging experiences and networking with participants from the EUGLOH Alliance universities.
Staff exchange within EUGLOH
Get to know your counterpart at one of the EUGLOH Alliance's universities – make a staff exchange funded with an Erasmus+ grant in the spring/autumn of 2022!
During spring/autumn 2022, you will have the opportunity to carry out a staff exchange at one of the EUGLOH universities.
You can choose between the following activities:
- Universidade do Porto will host a Staff Week on 21-25 March.
- University of Szeged will host a Staff Week on 6-8 April.
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München will host a Staff Week on 26-30 September (dates are preliminary).
- Université Paris-Saclay will offer job shadowing opportunities.
Each EUGLOH university will send out information with regards to its Staff Week/job shadow opportunity to those who participated in the webinar/workshops on 15-16 February.
The physical exchange can be funded with an Erasmus+ grant. For further information, please contact ErasmusStaff [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se
On 15-16 February, a webinar will be held on the theme "The Future of Higher Education in Europe", as well as 5 parallel workshops online with the following content:
- Career Services
- Communication & Public Engagement
- Educational Development
- International Relations & Student Mobility
What does EUGLOH mean for LU?
EUGLOH involves all groups within Lund University: students, doctoral students, teaching staff, researchers, administrative officers and management.
The approach is broad, has an interdisciplinary perspective and all faculties are involved. One of focus areas is to strengthen education linked to the large research facilities at the participating universities.
LU leads one of six work packages – WP2: Joint curricula design – which includes the creation of joint master’s programmes, but also the development of courses for professionals in the health sector.
Sub-projects – Work Package 1-6
- WP1 – Management of the project – led by Université Paris-Saclay
- WP2 – Joint curricula design – led by Lund University – which includes the creation of joint master’s programmes, but also the development of courses for professionals in the health sector.
- WP3 – Research & Innovation – led by the University of Szeged
- WP4 – Professional and personal development & employability – led by the University of Porto
- WP5 – Alliance campus life – led by Université Paris-Saclay
- WP6 – Sustainability and dissemination – led by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
EUGLOH focuses on:
- Increasing in the number of short and long mobilities at all levels within the network
- Developing opportunities for virtual mobility and online courses
- Developing the reception of exchange students in collaboration with the students’ unions
- Implementing of the European student card
- Activities with a focus on lifelong learning in cooperation with employers,
- Student employability,
- Increasing opportunities for students to gain research experience,
- Creating joint programmes at master’s and doctoral levels.
EUGLOH at LU
EUR 6.25 million over 3 years, of which LU’s part comprises EUR 1.1 million. LU will also co-finance the project with a total of SEK 3 million.
As much of the work as possible is to take place within the established activities and the project organisation is to be kept to a minimum.
Vice-Chancellor Erik Renström
Executive Board – LU's representatives
Student Board – LU's representative