SUPPORT MANAGING INCOMING EXCHANGE STUDENTS
Timeline for the admission procedure
Preparing for the application period
Processing incoming applications
What happens in Ladok
Access to the Student Portal, email address and LU network
Managing cancellations and interruptions
Printing grade transcripts
Service and support for incoming students
If you have questions about the timeline, please contact SoleMove support.
All exchange mobility presumes the existence of a valid exchange agreement. The staff member who has signed and/or administrates the agreement is responsible for the following updates in SoleMove:
- Checking the validity of agreements and renewing agreements as necessary. The agreement must have a validity period that extends until the day after the term period.
- Updating the number of study places and months for both incoming and outgoing exchange students
- Checking and updating information about agreements and partners
Lund University Fact Sheet
The Lund University Fact Sheet for the following year is usually sent by the relevant officer at the start of the semester to partner universities.
Do you want to use the template, but adapt the content to your faculty?
Please contact Ida [dot] Thelander [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se
Helping partner universities to market Lund University
Lund University Marketing toolkit
The Lund University Marketing toolkit contains digital material especially produced for partner universities to facilitate marketing Lund University via websites, social media or application databases.
Lund University Marketing toolkit hittas I LU Box
Below is an example of an e-mail that can be sent to partner universities (MMS send this to university-wide partners).
Please attach the faculty's, or the university-wide, "Fact sheet".
Greetings from Lund University!
We hope that you are doing well and that the coming year enables increased mobility opportunities for our students. We would like to share some material about Lund University, especially compiled for our partner universities. If you wish to market Lund as a study destination among your students, this material should be easy to share via suitable platforms. We are looking forward to welcoming your students!
The Lund University - Marketing toolkit contains the following material:
- Images of Lund University
- Social Media content
- Unibuddy blog posts
- Youvisit virtual tour
Please also find an attached Fact sheet for exchange studies at Lund University.
15–31 March for studies during the autumn semester and full academic year
15–30 September for studies during the spring semester
Some faculties have a full month’s nomination period, i.e. the whole of March or the whole of September.
When the nomination periods open, the partner universities receive an automatic message about nominating their students via SoleMove.
1–25 April for the autumn semester
1–25 October for the spring semester
All nominated students automatically receive instructions via email on how to apply in SoleMove.
- When the application period has closed, each administrator is responsible for checking that applications received are correct under ”Arrived Applications” in SoleMove.
- Incomplete applications can be completed by the administrator or the student. It is possible to open a received application to complete it.
- Complete applications are to be passed on to the course directors for review.
Language courses and Special Area Studies (SAS) courses
Applicants to language courses such as SUSA, SVEE and EXTA are processed separately by the International Office of the Faculties of Humanities and Theology as soon as the application period closes. Applicants to SASA courses are processed by the International Office of the Faculty of Social Sciences. SAS courses offered by faculties other than Humanities and Theology and Social Sciences are managed by the relevant faculty. Admission to SAS courses is confirmed about two weeks before admission to regular courses.
Electronic course requests are managed in SoleMove. As an administrator, you can follow the process and see which of your students are assessed as meeting the requirements and whether they can be admitted. Once the student is admitted to courses, their status changes to ”Accepted”.
Letter of Acceptance
A Letter of Acceptance (LoA) is sent once the student has a full study plan. The LoA shows that the student has been officially admitted to exchange studies at Lund University. This is a public authority decision which, besides confirming admission to LU, is needed for the student’s application for a residence permit, for access to Studentlund, for applications for scholarships and for insurance matters in the student’s home country, etc.
When the LoA is sent, the University, as a public authority, is responsible for meeting the student’s need for studies pursuant to the agreement signed with the partner university. The LoA should be sent no later than November for studies starting in January and no later than May for studies starting in August. Bear in mind that the LoA may need to be sent earlier to students who will need to apply for a residence permit and a visa.
Students admitted in SoleMove are sent by SoleMove Support to the Ladok office for establishment and the generation of an interim personal identity number. This is usually done from 1 December and 1 June. Once the personal identity number has been generated, it is sent back to SoleMove and becomes visible to administrators.
Exchange agreements and expected participation
After establishment, the exchange agreement is automatically entered into the system along with expected participation in the courses to which the students have been admitted (including SUSA, SVE, EXTA and SAS courses).
For Study Abroad students, the exchange agreement and expected participation must be entered manually.
Contact SoleMove Mobility Support if you have any questions.
One week prior to Arrival Day, students who have been established in Ladok are given details enabling them to activate their student account. The student account gives access to the Student Portal, an email address and LU networks within the University. The log in details are sent to the email address provided by the student in their application.
Withdrawals occur when a student who has been nominated and accepted his place decides not to go on the exchange. Depending on when the withdrawal takes place, it is treated as a cancellation (återbud) or interruption (avbrott).
Cancellation (återbud) - withdrawal before the exchange / course has begun
Interruption (avbrott) - withdrawal after the start of the exchange
- Cancellations (återbud) of exchange are marked in SoleMove (change the application to "cancelled") and are automatically transferred to Ladok. When the application is "cancelled", all accepted courses are changed to "withdrawn" in SoleMove at the same time as cancellations (återbud) are entered in Ladok on these courses.
- Cancellations (återbud) for courses must be marked in SoleMove and automatically transferred to Ladok, provided that:
- There is no registration for this course.
- The course has started, a maximum of 7 days ago.
- Interruptions (avbrott) on course or exchange are dealt with manually. The student can also mark an interruption in Ladok himself. In the event of an interruption, no synchronisation takes place with SoleMove.
- In case of cancellation or interruption for students nominated via a university-wide agreement, the MMS administrator is to notify the faculty concerned.
The administrator is responsible for printing out the student’s grades in a Transcript of Records from Ladok after a completed period of study. The following active choices need to be made when generating grade transcripts:
- Print in English
- Select all courses including credit transfers
- Show the distribution of grades
- In the free text field, enter your name and professional title
The grade transcript is to be signed and stamped by the administrator. There are different procedures at different faculties as to whether the grade transcript is sent directly to the student or to the administrator at the partner university.