There are two reasons to update your personal profile:
- It creates a clearer picture of you as a researcher, your research fields and your background in the LU research portal.
- You can re-use the information you enter, such as education and previous employment, in the LUCRIS CV module.
Are you an administrator?
Here's how to get started with LUCRIS, an instruction video from the Faculty of Medicine.
Log in LUCRIS and then follow the steps in the film, which does not take more than 3 minutes:
How to add highlighted publications to your personal frontpage in the Research Portal
An instruction video from the Faculty of Medicine.
FAQ about the Personal profile
Here's some frequently asked questions about the personal profile.
What’s the connection between LUCRIS and ORCID?
It will be possible, in a later update, for you as a researcher to connect your ORCID to your LUCAT profile. If you don’t have an ORCID yet, you will be able to create a new ID and link it to your LUCAT. Your ORCID will then automatically be imported to your profile in LUCRIS, all registered research output will then contain your ORCID in it’s metadata which will also be transferred to the Swedish national database SwePub. Later in the spring of 2017 there will be a function in LUCRIS that allows you to export your publications from LUCRIS your ORCID account.
I'm guest researcher at LU for two years. Why should I bother to contribute to LUCRIS?
All Research Output published while affiliated at Lund University should be entered in LUCRIS. LU is also proud to include your other activities here in our collective track record. When/if you leave us LUCRIS will make it easy for you to extract your subset of the metadata in standard format for insertion in other systems.
Why can you register your nationality in LUCRIS?
It is a voluntary field used in some parts of LU because of certain external reporting requirements. From a system perspective you do not need choose a nationally and there also is a ‘not specified’-alternative. Nationality will not be displayed at the Research portal.
Can the system deal with publications I’ve published under a former/ other names?
What information can be added to the personal profile?
It’s possible to get some information directly from LUCAT. Below you will get a statement of which fields that are available and how they will be filled in and if they will be accessible through the Research Portal or not.
First name: always visible (generated from LUCAT)
Last name: always visible (generated from LUCAT)
Gender: not visible (generated from personal ID)
Date of birth: not visible (generated from LUCAT)
Nationality: not mandatory and not shown (used in some local evaluations)
Name options: added when needed. Options available are:
- Default publishing name – default name. Not shown in the portal.
- Former name – imported from LUP initially; when changes are made in LUCAT in the future, please save the name history here. Shown in the right column at the Research portal, under the name.
- Known as name – alternative name forms for examples names in Islandic, and other spelling options. Replaces First name and Last name in the demonstration of the Research Portal if this field is added.
- Portal sort name – used to control the sorting in the portal. Is added by the researcher when needed. Is not shown in the portal.
Title: In the Research Portal, in the personal page, all titles that you added in LUCRIS along with the one set as you emloymeent in PRIMULA is shown under your name. In the brown box to the right in the portal you'll see your role as stated in LUCAT.
Alternatives available are:
- Title: added from LUCAT, and this information is added from Primula. Shown under the name/head line. Not editable.
- Academic degree: these are added manually. Are shown in the right column, directly under the name in the research portal.
- Honorary title: is added manually.
- Legal title: is added manually.
- Post-nominal title: post-nominal title: is added manually.
- Designation: is added manually.
- Other titles: are added manually.
- Scopus author ID: is added by the researcher. Is not shown.
- Researcher ID: is not added by the researcher. Is not shown.
ORCID: is added from LUCAT. Are shown under Links.
Profile photo: is shown in the Research portal.
Recommended for the photo is:
- Width: between 400 and 1200 pxl
- JPEG-format, quality 90
- Color space: sRGB (some iPhones/Safari web readers have problem reading AdobeRGB)
- 4:3- or 5:4-format is better suitable for standing portrait
Links: Alternatives available are:
- Personal homepage – link to personal homepage, generated from LUCAT, is shown with their own lead text in the right column in the research portal.
- Link – is shown with single lead text or “other links” in the right column before the contact information in the portal.
Profile information: text field (both in Swedish and in English).
Please enter information if possible both in English and in Swedish. If you e.g. don’t enter information in the Swedish box the Swedish version of the Research Portal will contain no information about your research.
The following head lines are shown in this order, if corresponding field contains text:
- Research – overall description of the research activities. Always placed on the top.
- Artistic work – are always used by the Faculty of Performing Arts.
- Teaching – to those that wants to use the personal profile in LUCRIS as the only personal presentation page it’s possible to insert a shorter description of their education.
- Professional work – for example working consultants, architects etc.
- Outreach – overall description of all cooperation with the surrounding world, details are put into Activities.
- Societal impact description of what effects the cooperation efforts have reached.
Start date as an independent researcher / retirement date: is not shown
Affiliations: are always shown (added from LUCAT)
Position outside of LU: Add employments outside LU, present and earlier. Voluntarily, can be reused in the CV module.
Field of study: free text field with the option to add the Qualification (for example Bachelor/Master/Ph.D. in XXX)
Professional qualification: Are shown under the name in the Research Portal, after Academic degree.
External positions: Voluntarily, can be reused in the CV module.
- UKÄ: all research areas must use the classification UKÄ. OBS! UKÄ classification is necessary for a person to be visible when you use UKÄ to filter the information in the portal.
- Keywords: the option to add new free keywords.
For you as an administrator
If you are an administrator and you would like to edit a profile go to the tab Master data and then choose Persons in the left menu and search for the person you are looking for. The option to do this is based on that you have the role as an Editor of Persons and this is possible to apply for via the LUCRIS-support.