Research Profile under Research Overview
The personal profile in LU's research portal creates a clear picture of you as a researcher, your research areas, and your background. The information you enter, such as education and previous employment, is also easy to re-use in the LUCRIS CV module.
New interface of the Personal overview in LUCRIS!
The personal overview page in LUCRIS has got a new look, but the functionality is the same as before. You add and search content related to your research. There are also some new features such as an overview of your projects and their timelines, infographics about external collaborations and fingerprints.
Update your personal profile
To add or change information in your personal profile go to Personal overview and then click on the button ”Edit profile”.
You can add a photo, a description of your research and handle some of the portal settings such as Fingerprints and collaboration maps.
Add new information
Use the green button called Add content to add new information about your research such as research outputs, projects, or an activity.
FAQ about the Personal profile
Here are some frequently asked questions about the personal profile.
The minimum requirements for the personal profile in LUCRIS are:
- a photo
- keywords describing your research area ( from the UKÄ-list but also free keywords)
- a research description
If you can't log in it is often due to that your are missing a so called ´verksamhetsroll´ in LUCAT, please contact your local LUCAT-administrator to check this or contact the LUCRIS-support.
All employee with a `verksamhets roll´ in LUCAT connected with research should automatically have a visible profile in the Research portal, if not please log in to LUCRIS, edit your personal profile, at the end of the form change the visibility to `Public´.
It is possible to connect your ORCID to your LUCAT profile. If you don’t have an ORCID yet, you can create a new ID and link it to your LUCAT. Your ORCID will then automatically be imported to your profile in LUCRIS, all registered research output will then contain your ORCID in it’s metadata which will also be transferred to the Swedish national database SwePub. If you'll like you can add a sync between LUCRIS and your ORCID profile, which will automatically keep your ORCID profile updated with your latest publications entered in LUCRIS.
Start by connecting your ORCID iD to LUCAT by visiting https://passport.lu.se
All Research Output published while affiliated at Lund University should be entered in LUCRIS. LU is also proud to include your other activities here in our collective track record. When/if you leave us LUCRIS will make it easy for you to extract your subset of the metadata in standard format for insertion in other systems.
It is a voluntary field used in some parts of LU because of certain external reporting requirements. From a system perspective you do not need choose a nationally and there also is a ‘not specified’ -alternative. Nationality will not be displayed at the Research portal.
Yes! You can add alternative names in your profile, click "Edit profile" and enter the names under "Add name variant".
It’s possible to get some information directly from LUCAT. Below you will get a statement of which fields that are available and how they will be filled in and if they will be accessible through the Research Portal or not.
First name: always visible (generated from LUCAT)
Last name: always visible (generated from LUCAT)
Gender: not visible (generated from personal ID)
Date of birth: not visible (generated from LUCAT)
Nationality: not mandatory and not shown (used in some local evaluations)
Name options: added when needed. Options available are:
- Default publishing name – default name. Not shown in the portal.
- Former name – imported from LUP initially; when changes are made in LUCAT in the future, please save the name history here. Shown in the right column at the Research portal, under the name.
- Known as name – alternative name forms for examples names in Icelandic, and other spelling options. Replaces First name and Last name in the demonstration of the Research Portal if this field is added.
- Portal sort name – used to control the sorting in the portal. Is added by the researcher when needed. Is not shown in the portal.
Title: In the Research Portal, in the personal page, all titles that you added in LUCRIS along with the one set as you employment in PRIMULA is shown under your name. In the brown box to the right in the portal you'll see your role as stated in LUCAT.
Alternatives available are:
- Title: added from LUCAT, and this information is added from Primula. Shown under the name/head line. Not editable.
- Academic degree: these are added manually. Are shown in the right column, directly under the name in the research portal.
- Honorary title: is added manually.
- Legal title: is added manually.
- Post-nominal title: post-nominal title: is added manually.
- Designation: is added manually.
- Other titles: are added manually.
- Scopus author ID: is added by the researcher. Is not shown.
- Researcher ID: is not added by the researcher. Is not shown.
ORCID: is added from LUCAT. Are shown under Links. Add your ORCID (an international researcher ID) in LUCAT. By doing so your ORCID will exported and visible in your LUCRIS-profile. If you'll like you can add a sync between LUCRIS and your ORCID profile, which will automatically keep your ORCID profile updated with your latest publications entered in LUCRIS. Start by connecting your ORCID iD to LUCAT by visiting https://passport.lu.se
Profile photo: is shown in the Research portal.
Recommended for the photo is:
- Width: between 400 and 1200 pxl
- JPEG-format, quality 90
- Color space: sRGB (some iPhones/Safari web readers have problem reading Adobe RGB)
- 4:3- or 5:4-format is better suitable for standing portrait
Links: Alternatives available are:
- Personal homepage – link to personal homepage, generated from LUCAT, is shown with their own lead text in the right column in the research portal.
- Link – is shown with single lead text or “other links” in the right column before the contact information in the portal.
Profile information: text field (both in Swedish and in English).
Please enter information if possible both in English and in Swedish. If you e.g. don’t enter information in the Swedish box the Swedish version of the Research Portal will contain no information about your research.
The following head lines are shown in this order, if corresponding field contains text:
- Research – overall description of the research activities. Always placed on the top.
- Artistic work – are always used by the Faculty of Performing Arts.
- Teaching – to those that wants to use the personal profile in LUCRIS as the only personal presentation page it’s possible to insert a shorter description of their education.
- Professional work – for example working consultants, architects etc.
- Outreach – overall description of all cooperation with the surrounding world, details are put into Activities.
- Societal impact description of what effects the cooperation efforts have reached.
Start date as an independent researcher / retirement date: is not shown
Affiliations: are always shown (added from LUCAT)
Position outside of LU: Add employments outside LU, present and earlier. Voluntarily, can be reused in the CV module.
Field of study: free text field with the option to add the Qualification (for example Bachelor/Master/Ph.D. in XXX)
Professional qualification: Are shown under the name in the Research Portal, after Academic degree.
External positions: Voluntarily, can be reused in the CV module.
- UKÄ: all research areas must use the classification UKÄ. OBS! UKÄ classification is necessary for a person to be visible when you use UKÄ to filter the information in the portal.
- Keywords: the option to add new free keywords.
If you like you can choose what publications should be on your personal first page in the portal. You add these under the tab "Highlighted content" in your personal profile in LUCRIS. If you don't add any the most recent published will be shown.
Short filmed instruction on how to add "Highlighted content":
Choose what research output to be shown first at your profile page in LUs Research Portal (new tab)
- Choose what research outputs should be on top when someone looks at your profile in LUs Research Portal, by using ”Highlighted content”.
Filmed material. Uploaded 210520
The new interface of the Research Portal will be different and contains new features such as Network (collaboration maps with external parties) and Fingerprints (a new search layer that allows you to find related information in the system based on automatically generated keywords).
Fingerprints are keywords that are automatically generated and retrieved from, for example, publications and researchers' presentation texts. The keywords are put together in so-called concepts that are matched against different subject lists.
The purpose of Fingerprints is to make it easier for visitors to the Research Portal to find relevant research at LU. Fingerprints are not an exact science. Please note that your Fingerprint will change over time, for example when new publications are linked to your profile. The technology behind the creation of Fingerprints, and the thesauri of subject terms behind it, are also constantly evolving.
If you are not happy with your Fingerprints, you can turn it off completely, or remove single misleading terms / concepts. Given the upcoming changes, do not spend too much time making your Fingerprint "perfect" - but let us know what you think on the overall level and if you think it is functionality that is useful in the portal to find other research at LU!
Keep in mind that changes made in LUCRIS may have a certain delay before they appear in the Research portal. The change is usually visible within a few minutes, but if many changes have been made simultaneously in the system, it may take a little longer.
Want to improve your Fingerprints?
- Do ensure that your research output got an English title and English abstract, it can also be added to Swedish outputs. Remember to use the language flags in the top corner so you enter in the right place!
- Do make sure to have description text in English on your personal profile page under "Research", update it if necessary. Try to include words that describe your research in a good way.
Want to remove one or all Fingerprints from your profile?
1. Go to "Personal overview" in LUCRIS and click "Edit profile"
2. Choose Fingerprints on the left hand side.
3. Uncheck the Fingerprints or the dictionaries you don't want to have on your profile.
4. Click Save.
Network / Collaboration Maps?
At the bottom of your personal profile page in LUCRIS you'll see your Network. It is a picture of your networks based on the information contained in LUCRIS. The more information you have added to the system, the better network image you'll get.
In the Research portal you'll also find the Network tab but also a map illustrating external collaborations over the past 5 years, based on Research output and project information i LUCRIS.
Remove the collaboration map from the personal profile in the Research Portal:
If you do not want the collaboration map on your profile in the Research Portal, you can delete it via your profile in LUCRIS.
1. Go to "Personal overview" in LUCRIS and click "Edit profile"
2. Click on "Portal profile" in the side panel.
3. Under "Collaboration Map" toggle the map on or off.
Are you an administrator?
If you are an administrator and you would like to edit a profile go to the tab Master data and then choose Persons in the left menu and search for the person you are looking for. The option to do this is based on that you have the role as an Editor of Persons and this is possible to apply for via the LUCRIS-support.