Events, digital meetings and conferences
Tips for a successful meeting
- Appoint someone to be in charge of the meeting
- Find out if other activities have been scheduled that conflict with your event
- Decide the time and place – make hotel reservations and book venues
- Draw up a budget
- Find out about any required permits and apply
- Decide the content, book people for the event
- Market the event and disseminate information
Conference and event services
If you want help with planning and carrying out an event, contact LU Conferences which offers services involving appropriate facilities and conference venues, food and beverages, technical solutions, registration of participants and more.
When choosing a suitable venue for your meeting, you need to think about the number of places, technology needs, availability, room for socialising, etc. Lund University has many venues and places suitable for meetings. If you want to place your meeting outside Lund University, you can book a venue through a procured supplier.
Draw up a budget
Specify the total costs including any overhead for premises, social activities, exhibitions, refreshments, speakers, accommodation, travel, technical solutions, etc., and decide on a participation fee based on your budget, taking the applicable VAT rules into account. Enlist the help of your finance officer to calculate costs and participation fees.