General information and support
On the sub-pages below you will find general information and support for GDPR matters relating to laws, principles, consent et cetera. You will also find answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Under the Area-specific-information menu there is more detailed information about selected areas of work in which personal data processing is a common task.
Please click on each link below in order to attain further information regarding:
- Laws and regulations
- Responsibility for personal data
- Legal basis
- General principles for personal data processing
- Information for data subjects
- Data processing agreements
- Transfer of personal data outside EU and EEA
- Security measures for personal data and how to manage a security breach
- Data protection impact assessment
Lund University has an external Data Protection Officer; Secure State Cyber AB and the contact person at Secure State Cyber AB is Per Bergstrand
Do you have questions regarding data protection - please contact:
dataskyddsombud [at] lu [dot] se
- Personal data controller – the organisation responsible for processing your personal data. In all but a few cases, Lund University is always the personal data controller.
- Data subject – the person whose personal data you collect and/or process.
- Data protection officer – the role and function responsible for Lund University’s compliance with the GDPR.
- The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - The Swedish translation of GDPR is “Dataskyddsförordningen”.
- Data Protection Act – the Swedish national complement to the EU’s GDPR.