New plan for gender equality and equal opportunities approved
In early December, the University’s new plan for gender equality and equal opportunities was approved. It extends over a six-year period and is based on the University’s strategic plan. Its aim is to meet the government’s gender mainstreaming requirements as well as the EU Commission’s requirements for a gender equality plan. Above all, the plan reflects the goals towards which Lund University intends to work over the next few years.
Our organisation is to safeguard gender equality, equal opportunities and diversity. This includes employees, students and those who apply to work or study at Lund University being treated and assessed with no irrelevant reference to their sex, transgender identity, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age. Lund University is to be free from discrimination and we take a zero-tolerance approach to harassment, sexual harassment and victimisation. Showing each other respect and understanding is crucial to ensuring a good work and learning environment.
The plan has four overarching goals:
- Recruitment processes and career paths are to be free from discrimination.
- Knowledge about and understanding of gender equality and equal opportunities are to be at a high level in the organisation.
- Work against discrimination (SFAD) is to be dynamic and actively, systematically preventive.
- Management and prevention of victimisation, harassment and sexual harassment are to be professional.
The plan is to be a living tool and to form the basis for local plans at the faculty level or equivalent. The work is to be followed up systematically and continuously. Each manager, employee and student has a responsibility to contribute to the University’s efforts to be a democratic and gender equal university, free from discrimination. This requires approaches that provide each and every person with the opportunity to develop on the basis of their own experiences, respect and consideration being applied to all relationships and taking shared responsibility for the University’s core values, remit and goals. We form the University together.
I would like to extend my warmest thanks to all those who have participated in various ways in drafting the plan.
- Download the Equal Opportunities Plan for Lund University 2022-2027 (PDF 329 kB, new tab)
- Gender equality and equal opportunities | Staff Pages (lu.se)
Jimmie Kristensson, Pro Vice-Chancellor
jimmie [dot] kristensson [at] rektor [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 (0)46 222 19 74
Pro Vice-Chancellors' secretary Gerd Hawaleska
gerd [dot] hawaleska [at] rektor [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 (0)46 222 38 95