Here you will find information on what constitutes a disciplinary offence and how disciplinary matters are processed. You will also find templates on how Lund University employees can report suspected disciplinary offences.
Provisions on actions against students who, for example, cheat on an exam, violate codes of conduct, or harass others can be found in chapter 10 of the Higher Education Ordinance. You can reach this by clicking here on this link Higher Education Ordinance (1993:100) (opens in the same window) on the website for the Swedish Council for Higher Education.
Procedures for dealing with disciplinary matters:
- When to report
- What to include in the report
- The investigation
- Penalties for disciplinary offences
- What happens with the assessment?
More on penalties for disciplinary offences and on the administrative procedures
Learn more about disciplinary matters and penalties for disciplinary offences:
- Procedures for dealing with disciplinary matters according to the Higher Education Ordinance – some matters in administrative law, by Hans-Heinrich Vogel (PDF, 48 kB, opens in a new window) (in Swedish)
- Disciplinary responsibility for students found cheating or disrupting, by Nils Jareborg (PDF, 70 kB, opens in a new window) (in Swedish)
Students involved in disciplinary cases may seek support and advice from the Student Health Counselling, the Student Ombudsman at Lund University Student Union as well as the Doctoral Student's Ombudsman at Lund's Doctoral Student Union. Contact details for each of these functions you will find by clicking on the links below. Each page will open in the same window.
- Student Health Counselling,
- Student Ombudsman at Lund University Student Unions, as well as the
- Doctoral Students Ombudsperson at Lund's Doctoral Student Union
Should you file a report, feel free to inform the student in question about these opportunities for support. Contact information for the Student Health Service, the Doctoral Student Ombudsman and the Student Ombudsman can also be found under “Contact”.
For any questions regarding disciplinary matters in general, or about your case specifically, please contact Johanna Alhem or Maria Hamberg at the Legal Division. See “Contact” for contact information for the Legal Division.
For questions about the process in disciplinary matters, contact:
johanna [dot] alhem [at] legal [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 09 85
maria [dot] hamberg [at] legal [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 08 90
Nicolina Levander (leave of absence)
nicolina [dot] levander [at] legal [dot] lu [dot] se
Note! Send your report to:
disciplin [at] lu [dot] se
For support and advice for students, contact:
Student Health Service
+46 46 222 43 77
The Student Ombudsman
studentombudet [at] lus [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 70 456 66 13
The Doctoral Student Ombudsperson
domb [at] ldk [dot] lu [dot] se