Your browser has javascript turned off or blocked. This will lead to some parts of our website to not work properly or at all. Turn on javascript for best performance.

The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

For new employees

If you have just started working at Lund University, discover some of the most common things you might need to know about your new workplace here.


As a new employee, you are to be given an introduction to your workplace. The responsibility for this rests with your line manager or another person he or she appoints. If you do not know who is responsible for your introduction, you can ask your manager.

Your manager is also to inform you of who is responsible for human resources issues in your workplace. You can turn to that person with any questions regarding issues such as health promotion or working hours.

Welcome days

The University organises welcome days for all the new employees at Lund University. The events are also offered in English.

Read more and register in Kompetensportalen

Useful information for new employees

There is a lot you need to know at the start of your new employment. Here are a few useful points:

Salary payment, paying bank

If you do not have a bank account at Nordea, you must send a transfer order to Nordea so that your salary gets paid into the right bank.

If you have an account at Nordea, you do not need to send in a form. Nordea will automatically pay your salary into your account.

Read more about salary payment

Submitting a tax registration certificate

When you start working, you must submit an "A Tax" registration certificate to the SSC salary services so that the correct amount of tax is deducted from your salary.

Order an "A Tax" registration certificate on the Swedish Tax Agency website (in Swedish)

Log in to SSC service portal (in Swedish)

Access card

You need an access card, known as an LU card, with a photograph in order to gain entry to University premises.

Read more about how to obtain an LU card 

Health promotion and work environment

As an employee at Lund University, you are entitled to health promotion benefits and a health promotion hour.

Read more about health promotion benefits

In addition to your manager, your health and safety representative and the Occupational Health Service play an important part in ensuring you have a good work environment.

Read more about the Occupational Health Service

Read more about the Health and Safety representatives

Professional development

You can attend various internal training courses in order to develop in your professional role. Discuss this with your manager. Check the professional development portal (Kompetensportalen) to see what courses are available and to register.

Read more about professional development

Graphic profile, logo, templates

It is important that you apply the graphic profile to any material produced on behalf of the University, whether printed or digital, both within and outside the University. The aim is to generate recognition and clarity and to reinforce the Lund University brand.

Read more about how to work with the graphic profile, download logos, fonts and templates for Word, Powerpoint, Indesign and Photoshop

Annual leave

As a public sector employee, you are entitled to paid annual leave as of your first year of employment. In order to take out full paid annual leave, you must have been employed for the whole year. This means that the number of days of annual leave to which you are entitled depends on the start date of your employment. If your employment started before 1 September, you are entitled to at least five weeks’ annual leave. If your employment started after 1 September, you are entitled to at least one week of annual leave. The leave may be paid or unpaid depending on how many leave days you have accumulated during the year.

Read more about how to apply for annual leave, what rules apply and the number of days to which you are entitled

Internal mailing codes, cost centres

To send a letter to someone via internal mail, you need to know the internal mailing code for the person or the organisation. This code refers to a physical mail room to which your letter will be sent. It is sometimes abbreviated to HS ("hämtställe" in Swedish).

The internal mailing code is indicated by a number, e.g. HS 31. You can find out which internal mailing code to use for a particular person in the employee directory database, Lucat. You can also see which internal mailing code someone has by using the search field here on the staff pages.

Read more about internal mail here

In order to do certain things, like book premises or buy something on invoice, you need to know the cost centre of your organisation. This is a six-figure code. Ask your manager what your cost centre is.

Your responsibility as a public sector employee

As an employee of Lund University, you also have an obligation to handle matters in a fair, objective and impartial manner.

Read more about working for a public authority

You are also responsible for keeping University documents in good order so that we can maintain the principle of free access to public records and preserve the documents for future generations.

Read more about your responsibility and the rules for document management


Please contact your line manager or the human resources officer within your department/faculty or equivalent.